Thursday, December 8, 2011

All about 'Eve'

Zac Efron and Michelle Pfeiffer Toby Emmerich, Sue Kroll and Jeff Robinov preem "New Year's Eve." Katherine Heigl and Sofia Vergara celebrate with Garry Marshall.Lea Michele and Ashton Kutcher join the party at the Chinese. Nostalgia pervaded Monday's preem of Warner/New Line's "New Year's Eve" at the Chinese as the key players recalled the good, bad and ugly. "My best New Year's Eve was when I stopped looking for the perfect New Year's Eve," said Hilary Swank at the after-preem bash at Hollywood & Highland. "My worst was when I was trying to drive to the perfect party and didn't get there on time." Screenwriter Katherine Fugate admitted that her worst New Year's Eve came when she was nearly arrested for speeding -- even though she managed to talk her way out of the ticket. "I think my best will be this one now that I'm in love," she added. Garry Marshall opined that this past New Year's Eve was his favorite because his son, Scott Marshall, was shooting footage as a second unit director at Times Square. "I was there in 1956 and 1959 because I grew up in the Bronx, but this was the best since all I had to do was sit in a room and watch 14 cameras and say, 'Well, that one looks really great,' " quipped the helmer. Marshall is planning to take his family to Hawaii for New Year's Eve, followed by a knee replacement operation. "I've been holding off on it since I really couldn't direct this movie on crutches," he added. Contact Dave McNary at dave.mcnary@variety.com

No comments:

Post a Comment